Brew 'N' View Menu

Contact

Showtimes & Tickets

Special Events

Originally built in 1924 for vaudeville and stage acts, the theater was partially destroyed by fire on July 9, 1943.

 

It was rebuilt in an Art Modern style designed by architect John R. McLane and opened on September 28, 1944. One of the features of the rebuilt Sterling Theater was a lighted tower, which became a beacon for entertainment in downtown Sterling.

In a collaborative civic effort, the Theater was acquired and renovated by the Greater Sterling Development Corporation in 2013.  Under an independent theater management group, the tower of Sterling Theater is lit once again!

Sterling Theater

402 Locust St

Sterling, IL 61081

815-632-3708